By Martin Gilbert
The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict strains not just the tangled and sour historical past of the Arab-Jewish fight from the early 20th century to the current, together with the dying of Yasser Arafat and up to date proposals for compromise and co-operation, it additionally illustrates the present strikes in the direction of discovering peace, and the efforts to deliver the horrors of the battling to an finish via negotiation and agreed obstacles. In 227 maps, the total background of the clash is published, including:
* The Prelude and history to the Conflict - from the presence of Jews in Palestine sooner than the Arab conquest to the angle of england to the Arabs and Jews due to the fact that 1915
* The Jewish nationwide Home - from the early Jewish cost and the Zionist plan for Palestine in 1919 to the involvement of the Arab global from 1945 to the current day
* The Intensification of the Conflict - from the Arab reaction to the United countries partition plan of November 1947 to the announcement of Israeli independence in may perhaps 1948
* The country of Israel - from the Israeli warfare of Independence and the Suez and 6 Day Wars to the October conflict (the Yom Kippur War), the 1st and moment intifadas, the suicide-bomb crusade, the Israel-Hezbollah battle of 2006, Operation solid lead opposed to the Gaza Strip in 2009, the Gaza Flotilla of 2012 and Nakba Day 2011
* The strikes to discover Peace - from the 1st and moment Camp David talks and the loss of life of Arafat, to the ongoing look for peace, together with the Annapolis convention, 2007, the paintings of the Quartet Emissary, Tony Blair 2007-2011, and the continuing Palestinian look for statehood.
Read or Download The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases) PDF
Best middle east books
Notwithstanding able to staging fantastic assaults like Sep 11, jihadist corporations weren't an important strength at the floor once they first grew to become infamous within the form of al-Qa‘ida on the flip of century. The West’s preliminary successes within the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan weakened their aid nonetheless additional.
In 1939 Swiss trip author and journalist Ella ok. Maillart trigger on an epic trip from Geneva to Kabul with fellow author Annemarie Schwarzenbach in a new Ford. because the first eu girls to shuttle on my own on Afghanistan’s Northern highway, Maillart and Schwarzenbach had an extraordinary glimpse of lifestyles in Iran and Afghanistan at a time while their borders have been hardly ever crossed through Westerners.
Be certain your scholars have entry to the authoritative, in-depth and available content material of this sequence for the IB historical past degree. This sequence for the IB heritage degree has taken the readability, accessibility, reliability and in-depth research of our best-selling entry to heritage sequence and tailored it to raised healthy the IB learner's wishes.
- Anglo-Italian Relations in the Middle East, 1922-1940
- Arabia's Hidden America: A Saudi Woman's Memoir
- What Was Asked of Us: An Oral History of the Iraq War by the Soldiers Who Fought It
- Syria and the Palestinians
- Workers and Peasants in the Modern Middle East (The Contemporary Middle East)
- Bitter Waters: America’s Forgotten Naval Mission to the Dead Sea
Additional resources for The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
I L ^ L N,r \ destroyed in 1934) 18 June 5 Arabs killed while u n e I I 6 June Arabs burn 25 dunams of J e w i s h I c r o p s , , , 1. Jew . , . killed .. , 17„July ,* . , •„ 19. July 1 Jew killed < n A A Jerusalem \ • y ^ - v l 21 July A band of 20 Arabs kill >v S~***—\ * Jewish labourers I E i n ^ ^ t/ V J \ Fashkha j \ / I I j I I [ \ J ( I >l 22 May 1 Jew killed \ \ 24 May 1 Jew, 1 Christian and 1 ) Arab killed. The Jews Community Council urges restraint \ 12 June A Jewish carpenter murdered: \ Jj I the murderer flees to Arab village of J J (J Deir Yassin j / 4 July Four Arabs killed / ( 21 July 1 Jew killed \ * 4 >s^«^ \ r \ 5 July One Jew killed 7 July Two Arabs killed 15 July Jewish terrorists kill ten Arabs 26 July One Jew killed / The Arab campaign continued throughout 1938 and 1939.
F l I l i i § s l l i p I * ! £ - 4 § ^ l 3 i | l o g | | ? Ii l l l e n t i l $ » f | ~ ~ | 1 1 1 1 l • . j ^ r i l l Ii I f l o l l i f f ~ | 1 - l l i l s g - s s f [ t l l l i k M l l J | 5 i l . - I f f L . j l •• f l f J c l .... 29 I T H E S E A R C H F O R S A F E T Y 1940 US Congress rejects Bill to open Alaska to Jewish refugees proposal to admit 20,000 German Jewish children ^^^^^^^^u | J ^ m ^j^^^Bf Severe ' introduced r e s t n c t o n s r •• BERMUDA ^ J ^ m f 1 \ ^ ^ CUBA u 1939-1945 Jewish immigration limited to 300 a year ^vS*^^* J agreement on the possibility of an open-door policy for \ / I N^s-^-^ ^~lam^ j^^HLj^^R^^ ^^K^^^^^^^^^^^ S^^jjjj^^^^^^^r ^ Under German occupation or control by December 1941.
I> 1 Jew killed. Arabs Eliahu •^^^ repulsed after 10 hours. Jenin • _. 57 Arabs killed. The SSfi * attackers came from Tubas ^ I 1 Tubas* ? ' - — _ > I 28 Feb Jews beat off an I . „ "TArabattack. 1 Jew, 6 / | Arabs killed [ la Latrun ^—•—I 7 Feb 2 Jews, 2 Arabs killed I " ^«-—' " 8 Feb Arabs kill 6 Jews I Jerusalem J I I 23 Feb Arabs explode a f f \ bomb in the centre of / ( ^ I Jerusalem. 55 Jews killed |\ ) * 26 Feb Arabs attack \ / ^ Hadassah hospital and X 1 \ Hebrew University: 2 Arabs \.
The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases) by Martin Gilbert