By Dongfeng Tan MD, Henry T. Lynch MD
Principles of Molecular Diagnostics and customized melanoma Medicine
The function of molecular genetics within the therapy of malignancy maintains to develop at an surprising price. Today’s subspecialized multidisciplinary method of oncology has integrated advances in unique molecular remedy, diagnosis, threat evaluate, and prevention—all dependent not less than partially on molecular diagnostics and imaging. within this state of the art source, readers will discover huge, complete views at the present tendencies in molecular analysis of melanoma and customized melanoma medication. Authoritative discussions proportion insights from famous specialists in melanoma study, medical trials, molecular diagnostics, customized remedy, bioinformatics, and federal laws. From the fundamental mechanisms of carcinogenesis to the main complicated molecular screening, staging, and remedy applied sciences, readers will realize transparent and simple discussions without delay appropriate to sufferer analysis and care.
Improve your figuring out of…
• the fundamental mechanisms of carcinogenesis—including fabric on cellphone proliferation, sign transduction pathways, melanoma stem cells, and the interplay among genetics and environmental factors.
• the most up-tp-date molecular techniques—including polymerase chain response (PCR) strategy, unmarried nucleotide polymorphisms, melanoma cytogenomics and epigenetics, whole-genome exams, and subsequent- iteration sequencing.
• Molecular tests—including molecular screening, minimum residual sickness detection, circulating tumor phone assessments, molecular tumor staging, and molecular melanoma prognosis assessment.
• Imaging and screening technologies—including molecular imaging, genetic checks, biostatistics, and bioinformatics.
• The molecular foundation of therapy—including critical molecules as certain therapy ambitions, quite genes/DNA, RNA, micro RNAs, proteins/antibodies, and nanoparticles.
• Molecular diagnostics – including up to date molecular diagnostic methods to universal malignancies and position of pathology in specified melanoma management.
• special treatment – together with custom-made medication and designated treatment for quite often happening malignancies— plus insights on new ways to specific drug discovery and the way forward for molecular oncology!
Read Online or Download Principles of Molecular Diagnostics and Personalized Cancer Medicine PDF
Similar oncology books
Greens, entire Grains and their Derivatives in melanoma Prevention appears intimately on the facts in regards to the results and mechanisms of motion of doubtless cancer-preventive elements and their resources from plant state. The publication covers present wisdom on sure meals and their ingredients in melanoma prevention, comparable to cruciferous and eco-friendly leafy greens, nuts and seeds, complete grains, tomato lycopene and carotenoids, alliums and their sulphur and selenium elements, and capsaicinoids from chilli peppers.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It provides an entire clinical dictionary overlaying 1000s of phrases and expressions in relation to malignant mesothelioma. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers details to clients on easy methods to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
This quantity features a number of writings from the leaders within the fields of Molecular Biology and cancer study so that it will start to inform the ever-expanding tale of the latest findings, discoveries, and strength of BRAF-directed goals in cancer. fresh learn has proven that BRAF inhibitors are potent for a brief time period, yet there's little desire that this medicines as unmarried brokers will result in sturdy gain in a majority of sufferers.
Biopsy Interpretation of sentimental Tissue Tumors is a pragmatic advisor and bench reference for surgical pathologists for the translation of sentimental tissue biopsies, together with open and percutaneous center needle biopsies. each one bankruptcy publications readers in a logical approach, with the foremost differential diagnostic positive factors of particular tumors special inside of every one type, utilizing morphologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and genetic info.
Additional info for Principles of Molecular Diagnostics and Personalized Cancer Medicine
Structure of mammalian AMPK and its regulation by ADP. Nature. 2011;472:230-233. 47. Steinberg GR, Kemp BE. AMPK in health and disease. Physiol Rev. 2009;89:1025-1078. 48. Pelicano H, Martin DS, Xu RH, Huang P. Glycolysis inhibition for anticancer treatment. Oncogene. 2006;25:4633-4646. 49. Kerr JF, Wyllie AH, Currie AR. Apoptosis: a basic biological phenomenon with wide-ranging implications in tissue kinetics. Br J Cancer. 1972;26:239-257. 50. Stennicke HR, Salvesen GS. Properties of the caspases.
Cloning of the chromosome breakpoint of neoplastic B cells with the t(14;18) chromosome translocation. Science. 1984;226:1097-1099. 69. LaCasse EC, Mahoney DJ, Cheung HH, Plenchette S, Baird S, Korneluk RG. IAP-targeted therapies for cancer. Oncogene. 2008;27:6252-6275. 70. Schuyer M, van der Burg ME, Henzen-Logmans SC, et al. Reduced expression of BAX is associated with poor prognosis in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer: a multifactorial analysis of TP53, p21, BAX and BCL-2. Br J Cancer.
2011;39:466-471. 20. Garcia-Echeverria C. Blocking the mTOR pathway: a drug discovery perspective. Biochem Soc Trans. 2011;39:451-455. (c) 2015 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 21. Huang J, Manning BD. The TSC1-TSC2 complex: a molecular switchboard controlling cell growth. Biochem J. 2008;412: 179-190. 22. Alessi DR, Pearce LR, Garcia-Martinez JM. New insights into mTOR signaling: mTORC2 and beyond. Sci Signal. 2009;2:pe27. 23. Bracho-Valdes I, Moreno-Alvarez P, Valencia-Martinez I, RoblesMolina E, Chavez-Vargas L, Vazquez-Prado J.
Principles of Molecular Diagnostics and Personalized Cancer Medicine by Dongfeng Tan MD, Henry T. Lynch MD