By Elan D. Louis, Stephan A. Mayer, Lewis P. Rowland
- Visualize neurologic issues extra simply than ever with an all-new, full-color structure throughout.
- Benefit from the clean point of view of latest editors Dr. Elan Louis and Dr. Stephan Mayer, as well as one hundred eighty professional members who provide assistance of their components of expertise.
- Stay present with today’s preferred themes, because of new chapters at the international burden of neurological disorder; magnetic resonance imaging and different imaging modalities; sleep stories; light cognitive impairment; concussion; stressed legs syndrome; seizures in kids; HIV, fetal alcohol syndrome, and drug results; and lots of more.
- Find the data you wish extra fast because of a reorganized structure. In 153 succinct chapters, you’ll locate the necessities you wish on symptoms, diagnostic exams, and neurologic issues of all etiologies.
- Watch nearly forty movies on-line to realize a transparent realizing of the scientific symptoms of neurologic disorders.
- Get the updated details you wish from the sensible, readable source that’s depended on and utilized by neurologists, fundamental care physicians, and residents.
- Complete content material with better navigation
- Powerful seek instruments and shrewdpermanent navigation cross-links that pull effects from content material within the booklet, your notes, or even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and extra for simple navigation
- Highlighting device for simpler reference of key content material during the text
- Ability to take and percentage notes with acquaintances and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save lots of your favourite content material for destiny use
Read or Download Merritt’s Neurology PDF
Best neurology books
The invention of microRNAs has published an unforeseen and awesome extra point of good tuning of the genome and the way genes are used time and again in numerous combos to generate the complexity that underlies for example the mind. because the preliminary stories played in C. elegans, we've long gone a much approach to start to know how microRNA pathways may have an impression on healthiness and affliction in human.
It is a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers an entire scientific dictionary masking enormous quantities of phrases and expressions in terms of hydrocephalus. It additionally provides huge lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the way to replace their wisdom utilizing numerous web assets.
Extra resources for Merritt’s Neurology
WHO/WFN Survey of neurological services: a worldwide perspective. J Neurol Sci . 2006;247:29-34. Johnston SC, Hauser SL. Neurological disease on the global agenda. Ann Neurol . 2008;64:A11-A12. Johnston SC, Mendis S, Mathers CD. Global variation in stroke burden and mortality: estimates from monitoring, surveillance, and modelling. Lancet Neurol . 2009;8(4):345-354. Lloyd-Jones D, Adams RJ, Brown TM, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association.
Many of his personal students are still authors, as are their students as Merritt's intellectual grandchildren. Along the same lines, we have tried to maintain Merritt's literary style: direct, clear, and succinct writing; emphasis on facts rather than unsupported opinion; and ample use of illustrations and tables. While maintaining ties with its tradition, this edition of Merritt's has undergone considerable reorganization. In short, our goal was to extensively revamp the book, with substantial consolidation and reduction in the number of chapters.
In this communitybased surveillance study, investigators examined temporal trends in stroke incidence in Beijing over two decades from 1984 to 2004, a particularly rapid period of economic development in China. Four characteristics of the epidemiologic transition were observed: declining incidence of hemorrhagic stroke due to improved treatment of hypertension, reduced case fatality due to improved treatment after stroke, increased age of stroke onset, and an expanded proportion of ischemic heart disease deaths with a decreased proportion of stroke deaths in the study population.
Merritt’s Neurology by Elan D. Louis, Stephan A. Mayer, Lewis P. Rowland