By Bulent Gokay, R.B.J. Walker
In a entire examine of the area in view that September eleventh, 2001, the individuals to this quantity supply a chain of views on present safeguard traits. the students who participated during this examine are from Europe, North the United States and Asia.
Read Online or Download 11 September 2001 War, Terror and Judgement PDF
Best strategy books
A heritage of the army campaigns close to fortress Ticonderoga, big apple, in 1758.
Within the iciness of 1944--1945, Hitler sought to divide Allied forces within the seriously forested Ardennes area of Luxembourg and Belgium. He deployed greater than 400,000 troops in a single of the final significant German offensives of the warfare, which turned referred to as the conflict of the Bulge, in a determined try and regain the strategic initiative within the West.
The Mississippi River performed a decisive function within the American Civil conflict. The accomplice fortifications that managed the reduce Mississippi valley have been positioned to the try within the long Federal crusade of 1862-63. Vicksburg was once a fort urban, often called the "Gibraltar of the Confederacy," whose seize is frequently obvious because the key to victory within the battle.
Released concurrently within the West and the USSR, this learn specializes in East-West kinfolk, and the matter of safety. the results of a undertaking concerning either American and Soviet experts, this booklet considers the choices and covers coverage concerns on Europe, Korea and hands aid.
- Meetings That Get Results (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
- Making Sense of War: Strategy for the 21st Century
- The Armies of George S. Patton
- Economic Foundations Of Strategy (Draft Version)
- Elements of Strategy: A Pocket Guide to the Essence of Successful Business Strategy
- Eisenhower: A Biography (Great Generals)
Additional info for 11 September 2001 War, Terror and Judgement
52. The main debate took place from 1 to 5 October 2001. See also General Assembly Resolution 56/1, 12 September 2001. Work on a comprehensive international antiterrorism convention is now under way before the General Assembly’s Ad Hoc Committee on Terrorism (established in 1996); at the time of writing, the definitions of terrorism (Article 2 of the draft) has not been resolved. 53. According to the position paper of the Australian section of the International Commission of Jurists, although, ‘the United States clearly has jurisdiction, it is simply not appropriate for the victim to be also the prosecutor and judge and jury’.
And shouldn’t Japan and other countries co-operating in the US military incursion also accept ‘burden sharing’ in paying the compensation? We live in an age which is ripe for raising such questions in the name of humanity and ‘civilization’. STRUCTURAL ROOTS OF TERRORISM So far, I have examined, in connection with the ‘war in Afghanistan’, the problems involved in the US stand, the realities of ‘international co-operation’, and the damage incurred by the US military strikes. At the same time, it is obvious that terrorism cannot be tolerated.
38. There has since been some movement from the rigid position of non-applicability of the Geneva Conventions: see n. 43 below. 39. Judge Richard Goldstone, ‘POWs or Common Criminals, They’re Entitled To Protection’, The Guardian, 30 January 2002, pp. 14–15, esp. p. 14. He adds that, ‘If they are not prisoners of war, they’re simply common law criminals. In either case, they’re entitled to some sort of due process’. 40. Article 17 of Geneva Convention III provides that the prisoners may not be subject to any coercion in order to extract information from them and are entitled to disclose only their names, age and rank or position within the armed forces.
11 September 2001 War, Terror and Judgement by Bulent Gokay, R.B.J. Walker